Visit our website CompHearingSolutions.com to learn more about our clinic!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Why Doesn't My Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?

Why Doesn't My Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?

I cannot begin to tell you how often I get this question.  The following post details the complex issues of lack of insurance coverage.  Since I cannot word it better myself, here's the link: https://www.healthyhearing.com/report/52484-Why-aren-t-hearing-aids-covered-by-insurance

Additionally, we are seeing some insurance companies pick up partial coverage for adults.  In our area Humana Gold has a benefit!  Federal BlueCross BlueShield has a benefit, and some larger companies carry benefits for their employees, like Entergy.  I've seen coverage under some BCBS, Cigna, and United Healthcare policies.  Some insurance companies offer a discount by purchase through a contracted program or provider, rather than a dollar amount or percentage paid benefit.  

If you have more questions about navigating Hearing Aids & Insurance, feel free to email or call our office.  We'd be more than happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment